If you’re shopping for properties in Florida, it makes sense to work with local mortgage lenders who understand the market well. A popular option is A to Z Capital, one of the many private lenders operating in the state. Is this lender the right choice for you, though? We’ll help you figure that out.
Private lenders don’t always have a uniform set of services, which leads to confusion among borrowers regarding available products. Our guide will help you compare A to Z Capital with other lenders—we’ll be covering:
- Mortgage products
- Lending terms
- Ease of application
- Top competitors
Borrowing Options at A to Z Capital
A to Z Capital offers both conventional and non-conventional mortgages. Conventional home loans are typically financing or refinancing products that meet the lending standards set by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Since they are long-term instruments that extend up to 30 years, your monthly payments become pretty affordable. The downside of conventional loans is that they can be difficult to qualify for due to high credit score requirements, and the funding timeline is often painfully slow.
You can also contact A to Z Capital for non-conventional mortgage products like investment property and hard money loans. They are not restricted by federal lending guidelines and are easier to qualify for.
A to Z Capital—Conventional Loans
A to Z Capital has the following two options for conventional borrowing:
- Residential mortgage home loans—Residential mortgages need no explanation as they are offered by almost every bank and mortgage company for owner-occupied homes. A to Z Capital prefers lending home loans to borrowers with a credit score of at least 660. The lender also recommends saving up to make the down payment on your selected home
- Cash-out refinance (refi) loans—A to Z Capital also offers cash-out refinancing for homes with an existing mortgage with at least 30% owner equity. Unlike regular refinance, a cash-out refinance allows you to get a new mortgage that is larger than the current one. Essentially, you’re left with some spare cash after you settle the old mortgage, and you can use the amount to upgrade your home or invest elsewhere. A to Z Capital offers products based on the latest fair market value of the property
Regardless of the lender, conventional mortgages have to withstand the complex bureaucracy set by federal agencies. You have to fill out an application form, undergo a rigorous credit check, and prove your ability to keep up with the monthly payments. A to Z Capital is not transparent enough about its precise lending guidelines for conventional products.
Source: Teja J
A to Z Capital—Non-Conventional Loans
You can expect diverse non-conventional loan options at A to Z Capital, including:
- FHA and VA loans
- Hard money loans
- Fix and flip loans
- Investment-purpose long-term rental loans
FHA and VA Loans
Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) loans are common non-conventional loan options for homeowners. FHA programs have lenient credit score and down payment requirements, but the eligibility standards for VA loans vary across lenders.
A to Z Capital does not specify details about its FHA and VA programs online.
Hard Money Loans
Hard money loans are completely asset-based mortgage loans. They are serviced regardless of the state of a borrower’s soft assets, which include intangible assets like credit standing and future income stream. You can acquire a mortgage based on the value of the collateral.
Because of the light financial screening and background check, your loan is processed quickly. Hard money loans are high-demand products in the competitive real estate industry as they allow you to act fast on a deal. These loans have short tenures (up to three years), so you pay higher interest rates than for your regular 15- and 30-year mortgages.
A to Z Capital hard money loans require no income verification, but you have to undergo a credit score check. You can obtain financing for up to 75% LTV (loan-to-value) of the property. If you’re renovating, the lender may factor in both as-is and after-repair values to determine the sum. The loan size must typically be in the range of $50,000 to $3,000,000.
The following table summarizes the prime aspects of A to Z Capital hard money loans:
|Aspect||A to Z Capital Hard Money Financing|
|Qualification terms||• Adequate collateral|
• Enough equity in the property
|Eligible borrower||Business entity|
|Property type||Any residential or commercial property. It cannot be self-occupied, but vacant or tenant-occupied properties work|
|Interest rates||Not specified, but you’ll be paying at a fixed rate. You can opt for interest-only or amortized payments|
|Loan formats||• Purchase|
• Rate and term refinance
• Cash-out refinance
Fix ‘N’ Flip Loans
Most private lenders fund property flipping under hard money loan financing, but A to Z Capital runs a special fix and flip program. The program has relatively stricter eligibility requirements than regular hard money loans. Go through the table below for more details:
|Aspect||A to Z Capital Fix ‘N’ Flip Loan|
|Credit score||600+ (725 for borrowers from certain locations)|
|Minimum loan size||$75,000|
|Lending limit||80% of the purchase price and rehab budget combined or 75% of the after-rehab value (the lower will be considered)|
|Interest rate||9.99% and up (depends on your flip experience in the past 24 months)|
|Loan term||13 months|
|Eligible borrower||Business entity|
|Eligible property||• Single-family home|
• Multi-family home (up to four units)
|Other requirements||• Have no bankruptcies or foreclosures in the past 2–3 years|
• Get credit scores from two providers
• Submit bank statements to prove you can make interest payments for six months
• Have 10% reserve funds in your construction budget
If your borrower profile checks out and you’ve submitted the required documents on time, you can expect the funding within 15 business days.
Source: Ivan Samkov
Investment-Purpose Long-Term Rental Loans
A to Z Capital offers long-term (up to 40 years) investment property loans for rental units. Extensive details about the product are not displayed on the website, but the underlying property must be non-owner occupied. You have interest-only payments for the first few years, which allows you to maintain a decent return on investment (ROI) while the property presumably appreciates in value.
How To Apply for an A to Z Capital Loan
A to Z Capital does not offer an online application route. You can email the lender at email@example.com or call the representatives directly at 561-609-6699 to present your situation. You can also fill out a contact form and wait for an agent to contact you.
How Is the Service Quality at A to Z Capital?
A to Z Capital enjoys a good reputation among long-term mortgage customers who fail to secure conventional bank loans. We have found several good reviews online about the lending team being communicative and helpful.
As far as hard money financing is concerned, A to Z Capital may not always be a win-win option. While the lender services deals at high LTV rates, you still have to provide some documentation and asset verification to qualify. Other drawbacks of the lender’s non-conventional products include:
- Certain products not being available to individual borrowers
- Credit checks
- Limited property types eligible
- Relatively high origination fees
- Limited transparency over interest rates
If you’re yet to commit to a mortgage, it’s wise to explore or get quotes from lenders besides A to Z Capital. Several reputable hard money lenders in Florida can provide quick and hassle-free funding with minimal intrusion into your private finances.
Enjoy Streamlined Mortgage Financing With Hard Money Loan Solutions
Getting non-traditional loans shouldn’t be a struggle! Get your property financed with Hard Money Loan Solutions (HMLS), a professional hard money lender based in Delray Beach, Florida. HMLS services deals based only on collateral or equity value, without credit checks, bank account verification, or background screening.
HMLS provides its services to all categories of applicants, including:
- Self-occupied homeowners (individuals)
- Real estate investors (commercial or residential)
- Rental property owners
- Foreign nationals
- Seasoned or first-time rehabbers
- Property developers
- Business entities
The 5-star rated lender offers tailor-made programs to serve different needs, such as purchase, fix-and-flip, rehab, construction, refinance, cash-out refinance, short sale, bridge financing, foreclosure prevention, and business funding. Contact HMLS today and get your loan processed in a confidential and secure environment!
Source: Google Reviews
At HMLS, the customized loan you get depends on the quality of your deal, which includes factors like the health of the collateral and the LTV you can work with. Your repayment convenience is also taken into account. HMLS lenders operate within the following lending parameters:
|Loan Aspect||HMLS Parameters|
|Principal||$100,000 to $50,000,000|
|LTV offered||Up to 70% of:|
1. Appraised/as-is property value
2. Purchase price (or cost input in case of construction products)
|Installment type||Interest only (no amortization)|
|Down payment||No deposit required|
|Funding time||3–14 days (average 10 days)|
|Origination fee||2 points or 2%|
|Prepayment penalty||None (if repaid after six months)|
|Minimum credit score||Not required|
|Eligible properties||• Single/multi-unit homes|
• Retail or commercial structures
Why HMLS Is the Win-Win Option for Hard Money Financing
HMLS focuses only on hard money financing, so you will find its processing mechanics fast and uncomplicated. Other perks of dealing with the lender include:
- Responsive and knowledgeable team—HMLS grows when your investment is successful, which is why the lenders are always available to advise borrowers on various hooks of the local real estate scene. Reach out to the team and access their consultancy services for free!
- Tolerance for not-so-ordinary deals—If you’ve been turned down by other private lenders, talking to the HMLS team is worth a try. The group has serviced difficult deals and unique projects in the past. They can also help you find other available lenders in the state if your property doesn’t meet their standards
- Transparency—Integrity and fast communication go hand-in-hand at HMLS. You’re always kept up-to-date with all developments, rates, and costs regarding your deal
- Reliable funding—HMLS lenders keep their word. They consider the risks of a deal before determining the package, which many private lenders avoid. If you’re approved, HMLS won’t cop out of funding at the last minute
- No junk fees—When working with HMLS, you are free from junk fees, such as upfront, inspection, processing, underwriting, and digital retention fees, that sometimes go over $8,000
Request an HMLS Loan Online—Here’s How
You don’t have to make incessant calls or write extensive emails to get an HMLS loan. The lender has a single online form where you feed in the essentials and get a fast response on whether HMLS can fund you. Check out how the process works:
- Complete the loan application form on the website with:
- Property details
- Contact info
- Specifics of your case (optional)
- Discuss the deal with a lender when they call you—you can get approved within a day
- Accept or reject the loan package offered
Keep in mind that HMLS conducts an appraisal in most cases to be sure of the property value—the exercise keeps both the lender and the borrower safe.
More Private Lenders From Florida
We have prepared extensive guides on other private lenders operating in Florida. You can check them out below if you want to cover more ground:
- M&M Private Lending Group
- Monroe Funding Corp
- The Associates Home Loans of Florida, Inc.
- Taylor Made Lending
- Hard Money Lenders IO
- RBI Private Lending
- BridgeWell Capital
- Capital Funding Financial, LLC
Featured image source: Hans van de Rakt